Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Media Gurus, I give you... Voice!

My most recent assignment was one I found rather exciting! Here it is:

Project lowdown...
To capture ambient audio from a location and edit it down to feature key moments and sounds that define the space and time. This was a fun project and I captured some great moments! As a quick little test for my own skill, see if you can name the place!

Listen here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/60259388/20120210%20nu_caf_soundscape.wav



Answer to location quiz below!

And Happy Valentine's Day!


























Answer: The Caf!

I reported in this location because of the huge dynamic range. Capturing all kinds of voices, happenings, and conversations added to the sound. I sat with the students from 300 hall, and the boys broke into, among other things, a salt and pepper battle, a zip-tie battle where they attempted and sometimes succeeded in strapping each other to chairs, and at one moment a bowl was shattered near the salad bar. Great sounds and a fun time!

Until next time,
this is SimpleTruth Productions
Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment